Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Postcards from Bali....part #2 !!!

....another day, another tour!!!!

Our destination was Ubud, a lovely town not so far from our resort.


The first stop was the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary.....











....I don't really like monkeys (I love gorillas and orangutans, instead!), so I was happy to leave this place after a quick visit!!!!

Then, we entered the town and we visited the Ubud Palace...








....and we had a nice walk along the main streets, where we saw a lot of decorations because of the Galungan (a celebration that I've underlined in this previous Bali post!!!)...












I really enjoyed the visit to the terraced rice fields....and the boys were jumping everywhere!!!...
















The last stop was the cherry on the top of the ice cream : along the seaside you can find families that produce sea salt!!! It's an all natural process and it takes 3 days to have this precious gift from the sea...










...hope to visit again Bali in the near future!!!!

xxxx Alessandra

Remember : IN JUST FEW HOURS (JK TIME ZONE!!!) MY GIVEAWAY WILL END!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely pics, lovely travel destination! So nice to see Bahasa again - do you speak the language? The Indonesian version is considered more pure than the the Malay version. The "grace" LOL - too funny. The roadside stalls sell crochet, did you come across any like these? http://www.redbubble.com/people/kathwhitchurch/works/7865893-ubud-charm
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bali looks amazing, I love all the ceremonial offerings, it's so exuberant! and I've never been to any rice fields. Apparently in Bali they sweep their doorstep everyday to make good energy! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely, lovely, wish I could go back there! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing all these photos of your time in Bali. Reminds me of our time in Nepal -- where we had a lovely hike through the rice fields. Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos!! I loved those tree roots, and I'm so jealous of all that green grass!!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I´ve never been to Bali but would definitely love to go there.
    /Helena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those hills look so soft!
    Thanks Ale, show us more when you can!

    Lavinia

    ReplyDelete

Hi my dear reader!
I'm very happy to see you here! After your visit, feel free to leave a comment!
I love to hear from you and I like to keep in touch!
I'll answer you back asap!!
Thank you and enjoy your day,
xxxx Alessandra

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...