Monday, 4 March 2013

Lion Week : my crafts !!!

Here we are with this weekly appointment about my crafts related with the ideas, that you can find on Sarah's book Craft-A-Day !!!

I've worked using felt as my basic material. After cutting out the pieces forming the lion's face, this is what I had on my desk...



...then, I collected some bead (orange and blue) boxes...


...and all the other things I supposed to need for my craft...


...some colourful threads, needles, a safety pin, some filling (note that at the end, I didn't use both the filling and the white felt parts-ears and muzzle!) and 3 little buttons....
I started with the sewing of the safety pin on the back of one of the blue felt circles (yes, they are two!)...


On the other disc, I sewed the lion's mane first...


...then the face...


...and some buttons, as eyes and nose...


To sew together the two circles of the brooch, I used the blanket stitch and the beads, alternating one blue with one orange...


....at the end of the sewing, this is what I got.....




It's a big brooch (9cm in diameter), but so light that it's a pleasure to wear it on my shirt right now!!!!

My link is HERE!

xxxx Alessandra

9 comments:

  1. It's brilliant Ale, and I love the way you've used the beads around the edge. Such fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
    A lovely lion!!!!! I loooove it! and my daughter too love the lions!!! It is your favorit animal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue and orange go so well together and I love the beaded detail! Roar! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange and blue!!! Cute!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and I love all the beads around the edge!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep I am in love with the colours, too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable! I also have Sarah's book and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi my dear reader!
I'm very happy to see you here! After your visit, feel free to leave a comment!
I love to hear from you and I like to keep in touch!
I'll answer you back asap!!
Thank you and enjoy your day,
xxxx Alessandra

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...