Sunday, 10 March 2013

Hexagon Week : my crafts !!!

I thought something simple, but useful when I go out just for a walk....beyond my camera, I need my cell phone and few coins, so I made a little cosy to put around my neck!

I traced the hexagons patterns and I cut out the ones I needed (large and medium)...



...and I chose to work with some polka dots felt in 3 different colours...


...I easily traced the hexagons on the back of the fabrics, then cut...



...then I selected some cotton threads and a bright green ribbon ...


...and the first thing I did sew on was a little front pocket (coins/lips balm!), using a contrasting thread...


...then, it was the moment to sew the ribbon on both sides of the cosy...


....done with that, I joined the 2 big hexagons using the blanket stitch...


....a perfect fit for my smartphone!!!! ;oD

Some more images....




....and front&back close ups....



My weekly link is right HERE !!!

xxxx Alessandra

11 comments:

  1. Lovely fabric Ale! Is it a felt? Looks very bright and cute!
    Have a happy day
    Tanti baci
    Nata

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable...love polka dots. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever and cute - I love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh j`aime bien bonne travaille !! ;0)

    Bonne semaine!!

    xxx Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, fun! You are on a geometric kick too! :)

    I need something like this for my cell phone. I always misplace mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and patterns!! And of course the shapes too!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Love the colors and yesss, all these sweet dots ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aha! A very sweet pocket for your phone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an idea! I love these polka dotted felt! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi my dear reader!
I'm very happy to see you here! After your visit, feel free to leave a comment!
I love to hear from you and I like to keep in touch!
I'll answer you back asap!!
Thank you and enjoy your day,
xxxx Alessandra

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...