Thursday, 17 November 2011

Miss Owlette



This morning, while waiting for the right time to go out to school to help kids in year 4 to read, I had the impulse to complete the sewing of my little owl.... So, I collected some velvety red beads, a bright red thread, an orange ribbon and 6 black metallic little pendants (I don't remember the real name, but they are used in scrapbooking) and I started....





So cute from the outside, but so "scary" from the inside! It reminds me the novel of Dorian Gray.....!!!!




But at the end she turned out so lovely! Isn't she? I like her big eyes and her softness (she is filled with some toy stuffing), her bright colours, the 3 hearts....And what about the mini bird cage with the dangling bells? Well I'm completly overwhelmed by her beauty! Sure, I'm her "mummy" after all........




In the meantime, while I was working on my little project; someone else nearby was doing what usually she does better....




Sleeping like a princess!!!
See you soon, xxx
P.S.: I have to thank a lot Jessica Levit for her free pattern "felt owl ornament", that you can find at http://www.juicy-bits.typepad.com/       A lot of friends will be happy this coming Christmas, some relatives,too!

4 comments:

  1. questa gufetta e' fantastica e tenerissima!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... i love that owl you made!

    happy weekend!
    nic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I know this was a while a go now, but where can I get those little velvety beads?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi my dear reader!
I'm very happy to see you here! After your visit, feel free to leave a comment!
I love to hear from you and I like to keep in touch!
I'll answer you back asap!!
Thank you and enjoy your day,
xxxx Alessandra

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...