Monday, 2 May 2016

Playing with diamonds ....

I've been using this shape in crochet before (HERE) and I wrote a knitting pattern (HERE), but then nothing more....

But on Instagram, because Ashley from Lazy Daisy Jones hosted #ldjcrochethookup in April, I had the occasion to use diamonds again!!!

In fact, one day, all the participants had to show a crochet toy, but I didn't have one, as I always knitted all the softies I've done along the last ten years.... so, what to do???

I opted for a simple thing as a "lovey security blanket"(a very quick project, made in one afternoon!!), resembling "The Frog Prince" by Brothers Grimm ...





I had to crochet 8 diamonds in half double crochet stitches (I was following the pattern found on "500 crochet blocks" by Hannah Elgie and Kath Webber), sewn together with a simple over stitch.




I avoided the amigurumi technique to crochet the frog face and I opted for a classic circle (made of 4 rounds) in half double crochet stitches.




The crown was shaped on, once the two circles of the face were joined together with single crochets all around.
I like to keep things simple and I just added some little bells to embellish the royal frog!









After this toy, I made something else out of diamonds!!!!

My son Tobia loves lions a lot, but he doesn't have anymore the age for softies or similar, so I decided to crochet a practical thing, instead...
Luckily he is a good reader, so I decided to craft a lion bookmark, with a pair of moustache...







In this case, the diamond doesn't have the points at both edges, but the pattern is still that one!!
I had fun in making the mane out of chains and the moustache, I think, it's a nice touch!!






Something else, still diamonds related, is on my table right now ....





.... what will it be????

xxxx Alessanda

6 comments:

  1. Delightful, what lovely makes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely 'diamond' makes Alessandra! I love them all :) The lion's mane is especially cute!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Very clever Ale!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete

Hi my dear reader!
I'm very happy to see you here! After your visit, feel free to leave a comment!
I love to hear from you and I like to keep in touch!
I'll answer you back asap!!
Thank you and enjoy your day,
xxxx Alessandra

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...