I think it happens to avoid any kind of boredom while crocheting the same motif, for example, for a long time (like a big project, as this one !)....
It will be a long post, mostly because of the huge amount of pictures, so I've decided to split it in two parts! Be patient and have fun!!!
the pattern is really easy and quick (note that all these projects are worked with a 5mm hook and I follow the US crochet terms!) :
- make a slip knot, chain 4 and slip stitch in the first chain to form a ring.
- chain 3, crochet 10 DCs into the ring and slip stitch in the top of your first DC
- chain 8 and crochet 1 DC in same stitch, 3 DCs in next 3 stitches, chain 8 and make 1 DC in closeby stitch
- fasten off
.... in the next days, I will sew some buttons on them (and a pin on the back of each one!) and I think their expressions will be like the ones pictured in the followings photos...
TRIANGLES into a TETRAHEDRON
the pattern, this time, requires more crocheted stitches :
- make a slip knot, chain 4 and make a slip stitch in the first stitch to form a ring
- chain 3, crochet 10 DCs into the ring and slip stitch in the top of first DC made
- chain 8 (chain 3= first DC and chain 5 more!) and crochet 1 DC in same stitch, 3 DCs in next stitches, chain 5 and make 1 DC in the next stitch, 3 DCs in next stitches, chain 5 and 1 DC in the next stitch, 3 DCs in last stitches and slip stitch in the top of your first DC
- chain 3, 7 DCs in the arch formed by the 5 chains, 4 DCs (**see SKULL), 7 DCs in the arch, 4 DCs (**see SKULL), 7 DCs in the arch, 3 DCs and slip stitch in the top of your first DC
- fasten off
I've decided to crochet 4 triangles to sew them together (using single crochets) into a tetrahedron (aka as pyramid!)...
I think I will crochet more tetrahedrons as decorations for my Christmas tree!!!
If you prefer to fill them with some toy stuffing, this could be a nice toy for a little kid!!!
Halloween is just around the corner, so.......
The pattern for this skull not differs too much from the one made for the above triangles, you have only to substitute the 4DCs followed by ** as follows : 1 DC, 2 hDCs (half double crochets), 1 DC
That's all for the # PART !!!
PART #2 will be posted asap !!!!