.... but in one of those days that you decide it's time to do some clean up, I found them again and I knew, this time, what to do with all of these little houses !!!
I split them into two groups, each one with 7 houses.
The first group had a prevail of blues, greens and grey ...
The original pattern is the following (US crochet terminology) :
- make a slip knot on your hook, chain 4 and slip stitch in the first chain to form a ring.
- chain 3, crochet 10 DCs into the ring and slip stitch in the top of your first DC made
- chain 8 (chain 3= DC and chain 5 more, to form the first arch), in same stitch crochet 1 DC, crochet 3 DCs in next 3 stitches, chain 5 (2nd arch) and crochet 1 DC in following stitch, crochet 3 DCs in next 3 stitches, chain 5 (3rd arch), crochet 3 DCs in last 3 stitches and slip stitch in third chain of first arch
- chain 3, and around the first arch : (3 DCs, chain 5, 3 DCs), 4 DCs in top of previous group of DCs, 8 DCs around the second arch, 4 DCs in top of previous of DCs, 8 DCs around the third arch, 3 DCs in top of previous group of DCs and slip stitch in the top of first DC made
- roof : chain 3 and first DC in same stitch, 2 DCs in next stitches, and around the last arch : (3 DCs, chain 5, 3 DCs), 3 DCs, chain 3 and slip stitch in nearby DC or, if you prefer, just make another DC (instead of a chain 3)
- fasten off
Please note that DC stands for double crochet.
To join together all the houses into a garland, I decided to use a 4mm hook and some turquoise yarn from Sirdar (Wash'n' Wear), in this way :
make a slip knot on your hook and chain 60
choose your first house and in the first DC make a SC (single crochet), make other 5 SCs along the roof, 5 SCs around the arch, crochet the last 6 SCs along the other side of the roof
chain 18 between two different houses
chain 60, when completed the join with the last house
fasten off and trim the ends
when all done, I decided to add some little hearts (pattern HERE, from Lovenote Crafts) in the middle of the houses
I just knotted the hearts, using their tails, in the centre of each house
This first garland is no more in my hands, as I gifted it to Anneke, from crochetinpaternoster !!!
But, I kept the other one (plus an extra house!) just for me
The single house has just few differences with the houses in the garland :
the top has a loop (made of 20 chains) and 6 SCs along the arch (instead of 5)
the base of the house is embellished with some SCs
the heart in the middle, this time, presents some surface crochet
So, my garland is more reddish and pinkish ...
.... and hanging from one of my bookcases ....
.... all the houses are on a string, NOW !!!!
Today links : Craft Schooling Sunday and Link your Stuff!